Teenage rebellion in a fucked-up future!
Welcome to Misspent Youth: the dystopian sci-fi game that’s all about friendship, standing up for yourself, and changing the world.
(Preview the PDF or check out the full game in print layout over here.)
One of you is The Authority: the person, thing, idea, etc., that’s turning life in the future into a big shit sandwich which everyone is legally compelled to chow down on. The rest of are Youthful Offenders (YOs), teenagers who’ve had enough. You and the other YOs in your clique are the only ones who’re going to get off their asses to do anything about the world burning down around them.
Other cool shit about the game:
- You create the villain and the dystopia together, so it’s easy to make your YO fit into the world.
- You make your group first, then your YOs, and you do it together, so that the kids fit together, and everyone knows about everyone else.
- You will always make stories with a beginning, middle, and end thanks to the game’s story structure.
- The exciting and easy craps-like dice mechanic — the Struggle — eventually will make you choose between losing the day for your friends, or permanently selling out one of your idealistic convictions to win in the short term even as you bring endgame that much closer.
You want a sci-fi game? You want a game where friendship really matters? You want a game where you go around curbstomping riot-gear-suited drone-people?
This is the game for you.
About the actual-paper book:
- 88 pages, b&w
- Color, matte cover
- Trade paperback comic-style size
- 6.625 in x 10.25 in (17 cm x 26 cm)
- Perfect-bound with the name of the game on the spine
- Cool-as-fuck style
For the PDF:
- 113 pages
- New screen-friendly fonts and layout
- Landscape orientation
- 1.6:1 aspect ratio ideal for tablets, smartphones, and eReaders
- Searchable text
- Clickable web and page reference links
- Toggleable on/off art, text, and background layers for ease of printing
- Includes two versions:
- The “dumb” version, with just the text and images with no links or other advanced elements, for people using very simple PDF readers
- A version that’s bookmarked and tagged
- You also get a packet of form-fillable versions of the sheets: The Permanent Record, the Dystopia Sheet, and Case Record (which you can get for free)