This is where I’ll talk about podcasts I’m on, reviews that are published, and so on. If you’re unsure about trying out the game, you can read a review, read someone’s actual play, listen to me talk about it, or even listen to people play the game in actual play podcasts. If you know of something that should be here, but isn’t, then let me know.
Podcast / vidcast appearances
- Rob was interviewed on All Games Considered about Gen Con 2010.
- GameSalute‘s video interview with Rob, conducted at Myriad Games in New Hampshire.
- Jennifer Wong is a really terrific interviewer and her show, The Jennisodes, covers the entire gameosphere. She interviewed Rob about my crazy ideas about how the idea of a “GM” doesn’t exist absent context of a particular game.
- Rob’s been on The Podge Cast a number of times and he enjoyed the hell out of it whenever he was on. One time, they talked about how Rob was marketing the game, and another time where Rob came on to talk bullshit.
- Theory from the Closet is hosted by Clyde Rhoer, who is one of the best interviewers in roleplaying game podcasting. He interviewed Rob about Misspent Youth, marketing strategy, ashcans, and many other issues.
- The Walking Eye is another great show. The structure of the show is usually that they play a game, record three episodes of them doing so and release those, review the game, then interview the designer. They also do some assorted interviews, such as the time they had Joshua A.C. Newman and Rob on for a discussion about abandoning games. They also interviewed Rob after playing and reviewing the game. Finally, here are the episodes Rob is tagged on.
Podcasts where the topic is Misspent Youth
- The Jank Cast is an amazing podcast out of Chicago. Each episode, they talk about some issue in gaming, and smartly. Which means Rob agrees with them a lot. Also, they talk about the game a bunch. Rather than listing every episode that the game is mentioned on, here’s a search of their archives for “Misspent Youth“
- A review by Gerald Cameron of Critical Hits.
- The Gassy Gnoll of Game Knight Reviews gives a sort-of review of the free PDF version of the game you can get over here, which mostly consists of explaining why we’re offering it for free by talking about how hard it is to read on screen.
- Giant Fire Breathing Robot‘s review, as well as the other articles about the game on the site (including APs and podcasts).
- Player’s Side of the Screen review by Andy Hauge
- The RPGNow reviews of the PDF
- Take on Rules review by Jeremy Friesen
- An episode of the podcast The Walking Eye, where they do a review.
- The Jank Cast recorded their actual play sessions and put them up as two episodes. First is the Dystopia and YO creation episode, then the session they played.
- Sophie Lagace ran a game online and posted about it on RPG.net and G+. The clique are a “Moon Pirates.”
- Nick Marshall ran a game and put it up on the Internet Archive.
- Matthew McFarland did a lengthy actual play thread on RPG.net about the series he was The Authority for, “The Nation of Christ.” Matt also ran a series called The Celestial Bureaucracy.
- The Walking Eye actual play recordings: part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4
- The Shadowcasters Network recorded a series of actual plays of Misspent Youth with Opti (of Fragging Unicorns Games) as the Authority. This was a blast. Rob was in the audience, cheering them on and fielding rules questions. This eventually led to Opti and Fragging Unicorns becoming the caretakers of Misspent Youth when Rob retired from the biz.